Turbo Snail
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sun Coral - Dying - Help

Hi all,

My Sun Coral has suddenly started to rapidly deteriorate. I think it's going to go completly, but does anyone have any suggestions on ways which might help to recover it?

All my water parameters are what you'd expect for good reef conditions - which is why I don't understand why it's not well. I've always fed it Mysis shrimp and other frozen food and had it for well over a year with no problems.

The tentacles are no longer comming out and the skin between each nodule (don't know the correct tecnical term) is splitting.

Help anyone...
    Dave
    4'x24"x24" Fluval Osaka, V2 800 skimmer, Vortech MP40w Pump, Koralia 4, Giesemann Moonlight 260.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you managing to feed it dave? mine was the same, then i started switching off powerheads every 3-4 days and put a coke bottle over the top of him, used a syringe full of mixed food and he started to do well, only a top off disaster killed him and other corals in the end, im pretty sure hed be massive now, they need direct feeding, light not so important and moderate flow
    Kind Regards :thumbsup: MIKE

My Tank

http://www.reefcentral.co.uk/entry.p...s-of-my-corals

http://www.reefcentral.co.uk/entry.p...-more-pictures

Trigon 350,125 lbs Live Figi Rock,1" sand,2 koralia 2s,1 Tunze 6045,2 Tunze 6025s,1 New wave 400,Deltec 600 Skimmer,Tunze Osmolator, ATC800 Controller,T5 lighting,Mixed Reef Tank. [50 x the volume in flow]

Turbo Snail
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used a few different ways to feed it, and there hasn't been a problem in the past; I've always been able to watch it pull Mysis into it's mouths. Just recently one of the heads died off and since then the rest of it has started to go downhill really quickly. Having looked at it today it's definately a gonner. Very sad as it was a lovely animal when opened up with about 60 heads. The skin between the heads is no splitting all over and the tentacles have stopped comming out so I don't think it'll even be able to feed. I'll give it another go with the coke bottle and see what comes of it.

Cheers,
    Dave
    4'x24"x24" Fluval Osaka, V2 800 skimmer, Vortech MP40w Pump, Koralia 4, Giesemann Moonlight 260.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah sounds familliar dave, anyhow fella best of luck with him, he may pull through
    Kind Regards :thumbsup: MIKE

My Tank

http://www.reefcentral.co.uk/entry.p...s-of-my-corals

http://www.reefcentral.co.uk/entry.p...-more-pictures

Trigon 350,125 lbs Live Figi Rock,1" sand,2 koralia 2s,1 Tunze 6045,2 Tunze 6025s,1 New wave 400,Deltec 600 Skimmer,Tunze Osmolator, ATC800 Controller,T5 lighting,Mixed Reef Tank. [50 x the volume in flow]